My BIGGEST secret to success has by far been implementing the Law of Reciprocity in my business.
It’s the ONE THING I would say you must implement to uplevel your game in 2017.
The Law is the biggest untapped resource for entrepreneurs. Watch below as I explain what it is and how to use it for your business and your life.
And now it’s time for a CHALLENGE (we love challenges!): Help one person a day for the next week. Maybe you help an entrepreneur friend with her marketing materials or even just help out a family member in some small way. And then come back here and let us know what you did and how it felt! And of course if someone already gave you something back, definitely share that, too!
Now, tag an entrepreneur, leave us a comment letting us know how this has worked in your life. Share a time with us when you helped someone and the Law of Reciprocity came into effect and somehow they ended up helping you back.
The Law of Reciprocity is the biggest untapped resource for entrepreneurs:
The Law of Reciprocity is: an element of social psychology and is defined as responding to a positive action with another positive action. Basically, rewarding kind actions.
In other words, you scratch my back, I’ll scratch yours.
It’s the foundation of Femworking and how we mastermind together.
This is a deep-rooted psychological urge in human beings…; it’s really a beautiful thing and can benefit you in business and in life – in your relationships with other customers, clients, other entrepreneurs, media outlets, – …and can be used in every relationship.
How to implement and benefit from the law of reciprocity in your life (the Femworking Way)
- Give. All the time. Even when you cannot IMAGINE how a specific person could ever give back to you. (I have personally had so many experiences where I helped someone I NEVER thought would be able to help me back, and weeks or months later they surprised me with AMAZING, life-changing opportunities!) We all get busy, but when you feel that little urge inside of you to help someone out or give to a fellow trep, DO IT. Answer the call.
- Give selflessly. Give without expecting anything in return.
- Give *as you feel so inspired* – In the Femworking Community not every project that every single person is working on is every other person’s cup of tea. Give when you feel inspired – when
- Believe in abundance. Know that resources are like air. The more everyone has, the better, and there’s plenty to go around. Don’t let a scarcity mindset prevent you from giving.
- Be genuine. People aren’t stupid – If the law is exploited as a smarmy, greedy ploy, those around you will quickly figure it out, and you’ll have done more harm to yourself than good. (Include clip of Sweet Brown from Youtube saying “Ain’t nobody got time fa dat.” https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqW1dbwZOCc
- Trust the universe to do her thing. When giving and helping you have to trust that the universe has your back. Trust that there’s something bigger than you at work, and that when you have the right intentions, the things that need to make their way to you WILL make their way to you.